Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Ok so let me try to fill you in on a few details since yall have been so patient. First off thank you so much for your sweet comments, it still hasn't totally hit me that this is for real, it still seems fake.
 
Saturday, May 9th (the day before Mothers day) I would take a test when I woke up. I don't really know why I decided to take a test, I guess just because I knew I would want to test on Mothers day and I really didn't want to deal with the dissapointment of seeing a BFN again on Mother's day, so i thought I would get the whole horrible thing over with, feel bad for myself and then get over it... all in time to celebrate MD with my own mom. So I took a dollar store test and the control line came up pretty much right away, I figured that was that and started brushing my teeth, but when I looked over again there was a very faint pink line. It was definitely there ( I mean I saw it out of the corner of my eye) but it wasn't glaringly positive. So I took it downstairs to show the man and he said he wasn't very convinced. I told him I thought any kind of line was a good sign but I told him I'd probably just try again in a day or so. And then we went the rest of the day without another word about it (can you believe that?!?!) But all of you profecient POS people know you can't just stop the urge especially when you think you saw a faint line. So I jumped to the bigger guns and peed on an EPT right before I went to work (I was working the night shift) and sure enough those two beautiful pink lines came up right away!!! I could not believe it. I ran downstairs and told the skeptical man that it was time to get excited!!

The whole thing was so surreal and so lame since I had to go to work for 13hrs 1o minutes after finding out that I was finally going to be a mom but thats life right. I mean after you've been trying forever you kind of know you aren't going to have the magic cute scenario of surprising your husband with the big news. So we laughed and hugged and carried on and then I went to work! haha

I'll tell you how we told everyone next time, for now I have to go stuff my face, something that I do about every 2hrs now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment